- Type: Full-Time, Exempt
- Location: Covina, California
- Reports to: Content Director
- Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
Beyond the Summit is a broadcast production company that creates esports events, tournaments, content, and campaigns. Our company’s mission is to bring our authentic, humorous style to new gaming communities, to showcase the people and personalities behind the names, and to build viewer engagement on another level from traditional esports events.
Our company is seeking a talented and driven Video Producer to join our team. If you’re a creative who wants to lead the content development process from initial brainstorm through final edit & release, this is the job for you! You will play an integral part at our company in producing, filming, and editing video content, concepting ideas and storyboarding, and helping out behind the scenes on everything from camera gear, grip, gaffer, & data management.
The ideal candidate is zealous about creating evergreen content that lives on in the hearts and minds of the audience long after initial release and takes pride in pushing the envelope of what is possible in the world of video production.
Beyond the Summit is a small, agile company, and you may be expected to be able to help out with a variety of other responsibilities outside of those detailed below.
Creative / Producer
- Make cool stuff across the full content spectrum, including skits, shorts, doc, branded, & commercial, for BTS events and 3rd party clients
- Concept ideas and lead the creative process for video content projects & products
- Lead your own video projects while collaborating with a versatile mix of full-timers and contractors
- Create storyboards, shot lists, set concepts, and prop plans
- Film and direct on-set, on-location, both at live events and pre-planned shoots
- Stage and operate all camera gear for both live and pre-recorded content
- Maintain and organize camera equipment and gear (sensors, lenses, microphones, storage, stabilization gear, drones, etc)
- Assist with grip, gaffer, & electric (light stands, camera tripods, lights, DMX controllers, etc)
- Help with production design from ideation through final build (props, set, lighting, stages, etc)
Editing & Post
- Ingest raw footage into storage systems & editing bays while ensuring all data is properly archived
- Assemble raw footage into cohesive videos following scripts & shot lists
- Integrate pre-selected music, interviews, clips, graphics, & other important assets
- Create rough cuts, conduct reviews with clients / BTS staff, and make edits based on feedback
- Run post-production for videos (lead, colorist, audio)
- Create VFX and integrate external graphics / assets
- Deliver final edits in a variety of formats to spec (bitrates, codec, resolution, etc)
- Ensure proper on-site execution of hospitality efforts at all major BTS events (with manager guidance)
- Proven work experience and portfolio as a producer, filmer, & editor
- Excellent instincts for timing, motivation, & continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D, & compositing
- Creative mind & storytelling skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Relentless thirst for knowledge & growth
- Flexibility to take on daily assignments (e.g. pickup shoots, set builds, photos, sales/sponsor requests)
- Extensive experience with digital technology and editing software (e.g. Premiere, LightWorks, DaVinci Resolve, Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut, etc)
- Ability to handle entire projects while meeting Development / Delivery expectations
- Degree in film studies, cinematography, or related field
- Experience within esports, gaming, and/or entertainment
- Experience with Monday.com, Slack, Discord, and/or Google Suite (Gmail / Sheets / Docs)
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Gmail, etc)
401(K) with 4% Matching Company Contribution
Paid parental leave
Catered meals and unlimited snacks/drinks
Health Flexible Savings Account
Unlimited paid time off
Gym and education reimbursment
Condition of Employment
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Covid-19 proof of vaccination is required upon hire. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Ability to sit for long periods of time, using hands, and reaching with arms. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs individually Regular communication (hearing/speaking) Routine office duties include computer keyboard use and long periods of looking at a computer monitor Vision requirements include ability to focus and have close vision.
Equal Employment opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Beyond the Summit participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).